Yeah! The best part of the holiday season is the songs (and my grandma’s pecan balls) and today I’m adding the thirteenth song to my Christmas playlist. Song Thirteen: That Christmas Feeling by Olivia Olson and Thank You Santa by Mitchel Musso. Yes, two songs on one day because today is my birthday 😀
Olivia Olson is the actress from Love Actually who sang “All I Want For Christmas is You” as the young lady who was the object of Sam’s crush. She has a set of pipes – no question – and perhaps they are best suited to Christmas songs. I love this sweet ode to the Christmas spirit and how it’s impossible to not take it everywhere you go this time of year.
This song is waiting for a pop star to find it and make it his/her first single on their first Christmas album. Whoever that might end up being – you’re welcome for the idea.
And then, as long as we’re at it – I need to shout-out to Thank You Santa by Mitchel Musso – also from Phineas and Ferb’s Christmas special. Whoever or whatever we think Santa is – they deserve a nod of gratitude for the magic, hope and sweet mystery they provide the world.
When my DDR learned ‘the truth’ about Santa, she was not disappointed like I was so afraid she would be – she absolutely believes in magic and has since the day she was born. Instead, she delightedly asked me “You mean, EVERYONE is kind of putting on a play for all the children?” She then became truly invested in keeping the magic – the play the world was producing all together – going for her little brother and then cousins and other little kids. It made me see how we all decide how real Santa is and what we each do to keep him real.
To recap my list so far:
1. Christmas is Starting Now, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
2. Feliz Navidad, Jose Feliciano
3. Gotta Be Good, Chris Isaak
4. It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas, Harry Connick, Jr. or…
5. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Josh Grobin or Mercy Me or…
6. Angels We Have Heard on High, Vanessa Williams
7. Do You Hear What I Hear, Vanessa Williams
8. Carol of the Bells, George Winston or Barenaked Ladies or…
9. Someday at Christmas, Stevie Wonder
10. Cold December Night, Michael Buble
11. Sleigh Ride, Ella Fitzgerald or…
12. Winter Dreams, Kelly Clarkson
13. That Christmas Feeling/Thank You Santa, Olivia Olsen/Mitchel Musso