Yeah! The best part of the holiday season is the songs (and my grandma’s pecan balls) and today I’m adding the seventh song to my Christmas playlist. Song Seven: Do You Hear What I Hear by Vanessa Williams.
I know – another song by Vanessa Williams? I’ve never considered myself a huge fan of hers, but her first Christmas album “Star Bright” is quite extraordinary. (Besides having put Angels We Have Heard on High, I’m also tempted to put her versions of Go Tell It on the Mountain/Mary Had a Baby and What Child is This on my list) This song, which musically has a beautiful melody, can be somewhat boring because of the reptitiveness and no verse vs. chorus to break it up. Whoever arranged this for Ms. Williams did a bang-up job. Kudos to them.
To recap my list so far:
1. Christmas is Starting Now,Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
2. Feliz Navidad, Jose Feliciano
3. Gotta be Good, Chris Isaak
4. It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas, Harry Connick, Jr.
6. Angels We Have Heard on High, Vanessa Williams
7. Do You Hear What I Hear, Vanessa Williams